This industrial air-conditioning and humidification system uses fine fog (Semi-Dry Fog®*1) to control humidity levels throughout factory spaces with a ceiling height of 3.5 m (11.5 ft.) or more. Operable only with high-pressure pump, compressed air is not required.
Compared to a standard steam humidification system, the running cost for our system is about 1/50, resulting in dramatic energy savings.
Customers can choose between the LYOHMer®-C spray unit, capable of humidifying large spray volume in all directions, and the LYOHMer®-D spray unit, with low spraying capacity and more specific, focused spraying directions.
- Hydraulic-spray humidification system
- No requirement for compressed air
- Production of Semi-Dry Fog® (*1) dispersed by using a fan
- Preventing dryness and static electricity, thus enabling higher manufactured product quality and lower defect rates
- Requiring only a high-pressure pump to operate
- Operating costs of about 1/50 of a comparable steam humidification system
- Humidification ability of 18.8 L/hr per unit
This solution includes customer support on site investigation, layout design, installation work, and after-sales services.
*1) We define Semi-Dry Fog® as a fog with a mean droplet diameter (mean fog droplet size) of 10–30 μm.
Because this fog system uses fine droplets and does not include large droplets which can result in wetting of objects and surfaces, it provides superb performance quality for human users.
“Dry mist“, despite its similar same, has no specified droplet diameter as part of its definition. Dry mist droplet sizes vary significantly by producer and product.
- Static charge prevention: Prevents/reduces troubles caused by static charge, such as product damage, (electrostatic damage) and debris/dust adhesion, etc.
- Energy saving: The running cost is 1/50 of a comparable steam humidification system, resulting in dramatic energy savings.
- Cooling effect: The system also yields a cooling of about 2℃, reducing temperatures with evaporative cooling (using the principle of heat loss due to water evaporation of Semi-Dry Fog®).
- Health-related benefits: maintaining a relative humidity level of 50% dramatically reduces cold viruses, influenza (flu) viruses and so forth, thus reducing worker absences caused by illness.
Reference (Harper,G.J.: Air borne micro-organisms: survival tests with four viruses. J.Hyg.Camb., 59;479–486,1961)
In specific industries
[Paper & Pulp, Printing]
- Rotogravure printing: Preventing ink pan and ink roll fires, preventing debris and dust adhesion to films and papers, dust suppression, reducing ink striation from doctor and/or plate cylinder, preventing adhesion of debris caused by ink’s electrostatic charge.
- Screen printing: Preventing print defects caused by feathering, misregistration, streaks, blurring, etc.; preventing fading caused by plate dryness; productivity improvements.
- Offset printing: Controlling moisture content of paper; preventing paper break (web break), jams, and misalignment; reducing paper tearing; improving folding precision; preventing color drift; preventing curl.
- Others: Form printing, humidification for cardboard production.
- Reducing work efficiency declines caused by static electric shock, preventing fires, preventing scattering of debris and body hair, preventing adhesion of debris, preventing toppling of stacked items caused by static electricity.
[Inks, Paints and Coatings]
- Preventing debris adhesion in painting/coating process; cissing prevention; preventing fires during paint/coating preparation processes, in areas around reaction tanks and mixers, and during filling processes for substances such as pigments and coatings.