Preventing dust adhesion
Issues related to dust adhesion
- Dust related defects
- Costs of repairs (time, manpower, and infrastructure)
- Decrease productivity
Solution: Humidification and Dust Suppression with our Fog-based systems
Stopping dust adhesion is a two-step process consisting of reducing the number of dust particles and neutralizing the remaining particles. Neutralization is achieved through humidification and dust suppression.
- Humidification: Dust sticks to an object due to its micro-structure, the viscosity or by an electrostatic charge. By controlling the relative humidity, the conductivity of the air is increased and prevents dust from sticking to an object due to an electrostatic charge.
- Dust suppression: In facilities other than clean rooms, airborne dust is impossible to fully avoid, even when using over-pressure. By spraying non-wetting water droplets, the same size as dust particles, we can suppress the dust particles and avoid these particles from reaching specified objects.
Examples of Systems / Products used for this application
Hydraulic systems with hollow cone spray pattern nozzle For preventing dust adhesion, our hollow cone series (KB, KBN, LYOHM unit) sprays extremely fine fog and ultra-small capacity without using air.
- Prevent dust adhesion
- Suppress airborne dust particles
- Preventing static electricity
- Regulate humidity in confined spaces
- Ambient cooling