Dry Fog Humidifier
Humidifier Nozzles: The AKIMist®“E” Dry Fog Humidifier
2.4 - 9.6 L/hr (*1)
Mean droplet diameter
7.5μm (*2) (**)
0.3 MPa (ca. 3 bar)
29 - 116 L/min, Normal (*3)
Please fill in the form to download the catalog:
To implement an accurate humidity control, we offer pneumatic nozzle-based humidification systems that are mounted with our unique impinging type nozzle. This technology differs from the impingement nozzles as it is the impact between the two fine fog jets that breaks down the water droplet to an even finer fog. The nozzle spacing and pressure outside nozzle are key to produce this Dry Fog spray. This is an original method of Ikeuchi. It is using an external mixing type of air-liquid mixing systems, halfway like air atomising nozzles as the compressed air and the liquid are mixed outside the nozzle. Thus, this impinging type of nozzle clogs the least in the range of pneumatic nozzles.
Our systems are composed of the humidifier and its ancillary devices such as RO units (for filtration and demineralization of the water) and control panels (for spray flow and drip controls) to humidify any type of application and industrial operations accurately and efficiently.
For additional systems:
- Portable Dry fog humidifier set
- AirAKI® Fogging system
The AKIMist ® “E”’s features
- Energy efficient humidifier with pneumatic spray nozzles producing Dry Fog**.
- With world-leading technology, our AKIMist®“E” produces ultra-fine “non-wetting” Dry Fog, which doesn’t wet the objects it touches.
- It prevents dryness and static electricity, enabling higher manufactured product quality and lower defect rates.
- The running cost is 1/5 of a comparable steam humidification
- For spaying chemical solution, chemical-resistant AKIMist®“E” TN is available.
(*1) Spray volume per one AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C at a standard pressure of 0.3 MPa. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E in stainless steel: 3.0 – 12.0 L/hr
(*2) Sauter mean droplet diameter of AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E: 10μm
(*3) Air consumption of AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E: 36 – 144 L/min, Normal
** We define Dry Fog as a very fine fog with a uniform mean droplet diameter (mean fog droplet size) of 10μm or less.
Because Dry Fog’s exceedingly fine spray droplets remain intact without bursting when they come into contact with objects such as walls and people, they do not wet the impacted surface and its nearby environment.
“Dry mist,” despite its similar name, has much larger droplets than Dry Fog and has no specified droplet diameter as part of its definition. Dry mist droplet sizes vary significantly by producer and product.
The AKIMist®“E” Dry Fog Humidifier can come with mounting kits and UT adaptors to facilitate its installation and the spraying direction.
Additional cleaning kits are also provided as these nozzles are not considered as self-cleaning nozzles. Even when using demineralized water, the nozzle tips need to be cleaned on a regular basis to atomize properly without outside impurities such as dust particles.
Applications of the AKIMist®“E”
- Static electricity prevention: Prevents/reduces troubles caused by static charge, such as product damage, (electrostatic damage) and debris/dust adhesion, etc.
- Energy saving: The running-costs of our system are only 1/5 of a typical steam humidification system, resulting in drastic energy savings.
- Cooling effects: The system also yields a cooling of about 2℃, reducing temperatures with evaporative cooling (using the principle of heat loss due to water evaporation of Dry Fog).
- Health-related benefits: Maintaining a relative humidity level of 50% dramatically reduces cold viruses, influenza (flu) viruses and so forth, thus reducing worker absences caused by illness.
- Disinfection, sterilization: in food factories, hospitals, pharmaceutical plants
AKIMist®“E” with 04E nozzles in S303 and RealTime Technologies portable tank unit used to disinfect in supermarket and DM stores in Slovakia
- Preventing electrostatic discharge damage during assembly, mounting/installation and tests; preventing debris and dust adhesion; mitigating rises in incorrect-chucking rates; preventing mounting errors.
- The AKIMist® Dry Fog humidifier is recognized as a requirements for soldered electrical and electronic assemblies based on IPC J-STD-001 standard.
[Paper & Pulp, Printing]
- Rotogravure printing: Preventing ink pan and ink roll fires, preventing debris and dust adhesion to films and papers, dust suppression, reducing ink striation from doctor and/or plate cylinder, preventing adhesion of debris caused by ink’s electrostatic charge.
- Screen printing: Preventing print defects caused by feathering, misregistration, streaks, blurring, etc.; preventing fading caused by plate dryness; productivity improvements.
- Offset printing: Controlling moisture content of paper; preventing paper break (web break), jams, and misalignment; reducing paper tearing; improving folding precision; preventing color drift; preventing curl.
- Others: Form printing, humidification for cardboard production.
- Preventing dust and debris adhesion in the body and bumper coating, inspection processes; dust suppression in storage rooms; static charge prevention in vehicle electrical components production and circuit board mounting process; heatstroke countermeasures; shortening cycle times.
- Reducing work efficiency declines caused by static electric shock, preventing fires, preventing scattering of debris and body hair, preventing adhesion of debris, preventing toppling of stacked items caused by static electricity.
[Inks, Paints and Coatings]
- Preventing debris adhesion in painting/coating process; cissing prevention; preventing fires during paint/coating preparation processes, in areas around reaction tanks and mixers, and during filling processes for substances such as pigments and coatings.
- Maintaining optimal humidity level in plant factory, greenhouse, and storage warehouse; humidification for mushroom nurseries; disinfection.