Dry Fog Humidifier
The AKIMist®“E” Dry Fog Humidifier
2.4 - 9.6 L/hr (*1)
Mean droplet diameter
7.5μm (*2) (**)
0.3 MPa (ca. 3 bar)
29 - 116 L/min, Normal (*3)
Please fill in the form to download the catalog:
To manage accurate humidity control, we offer pneumatic nozzle-based humidification systems that are equipped with our unique impinging type nozzle (AKIMist ® “E”). This technology differs from other impingement nozzles, as it is produced through the impact between two fine fog jets that further break down the water droplet to an even finer fog. The nozzle spacing and pressure outside the nozzle are key to producing this Dry Fog spray that does not wet. This is an original method developed by IKEUCHI. This method integrates an exterior mixing type of air-liquid system, as the compressed air and the liquid mix outside the nozzle. Thus, this impinging type of nozzle clogs the least in the range of pneumatic nozzles.
Our systems are consist of a humidifier and its ancillary devices, such as RO units (for filtration and demineralization of the water) and control panels (for spray flow and drip controls). Together as singular unity, they provide humidification for various applications and industrial operations accurately and efficiently.
Other additional systems:
- Portable Dry fog humidifier set
- AirAKI ® Fogging system
The AKIMist ® “E” characteristics
- Energy-efficient humidifier with pneumatic spray nozzles producing Dry Fog**.
- Through world-leading technology, our AKIMist ® “E” produces ultra-fine non-wetting Dry Fog, which does not wet the objects it touches.
- It prevents dryness and static electricity, enabling higher manufactured product quality and lower defect rates.
- Its running cost is 1/5 of a comparable steam humidification system.
- For spaying chemical solutions or disinfectants, we recommend the chemically-resistant AKIMist ® “E” TN.
** We define Dry Fog as a very fine fog with a uniform mean droplet diameter (mean fog droplet size) of 10μm or less. Because Dry Fog’s exceedingly fine spray droplets remain intact without bursting when they come into contact with objects such as walls and people, they do not wet the impacted surfaces nor the nearby environment. “Dry mist,” despite its similar name, has much larger droplets than Dry Fog and has no specified droplet diameter as part of its definition. Dry mist droplet sizes vary significantly by producer and product.
Technical product description
(*1) Spray volume per one AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C at a standard pressure of 0.3 MPa. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E in stainless steel: 3.0 – 12.0 L/h
(*2) Sauter mean droplet diameter of AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E: 10μm
(*3) Air consumption of AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 03C. It varies from nozzle type.
AKIMist®“E” with nozzle type 04E: 36 – 144 L/min, Normal
Depending on the type of application and use, the AKIMist ® “E” Dry Fog Humidifier can be offered with mounting kits and UT adaptors. These accessories assist in facilitating its installation and the spraying angle and direction.
Moreover, additional cleaning kits are provided, as the nozzles do not incorporate self-cleaning nozzle technology. Even in the case of demineralized water usage, the nozzle tips need regular cleaning. This way, you ensure that the environmental dust particles are removed and do not interfere with nor affect the atomization.
Overall industrial benefits provided by the AKIMist®“E”
- Static electricity prevention: Prevents/reduces the possibility of static electricity discharge to occur, combating against issues such as product damage and debris/dust adhesion, etc.
- Energy-saving: The running costs of our system are only 1/5 of a typical steam humidification system, resulting in considerable energy savings.
- Cooling effects: The system also yields a cooling of about 2℃, reducing temperatures with evaporative cooling (using the principle of heat loss due to water evaporation of Dry Fog).
- Health-related benefits: Maintaining a relative humidity level of around 50%, which reduces cold viruses, influenza (flu) viruses, etc., thus increasing the well-being factors of the employees.
Testing of the AKIMist ®“E” with 01E nozzle in S303
Industrial applications of the AKIMist ®“E”
- Preventing electrostatic discharge damage during assembly, mounting/installation, and tests; preventing debris and dust adhesion; mitigating rises in incorrect-chucking rates; preventing mounting errors.
- The AKIMist ® Dry Fog humidifier is recognized as a requirement for soldered electrical and electronic assemblies based on the IPC J-STD-001 standard.
[Printing, Paper & Pulp]
- Rotogravure printing: Preventing ink pan and ink roll fires, preventing debris and dust adhesion to films and papers, dust suppression, reducing ink striation from doctor blade and/or plate cylinder, preventing adhesion of debris caused by ink’s electrostatic charge.
- Screen printing: Preventing print defects caused by feathering, misregistration, streaks, blurring, etc.; preventing fading caused by plate dryness; productivity improvements.
- Offset printing: Controlling moisture content of the paper; preventing paper break (web break), jams, and misalignment; reducing paper tearing; improving folding precision; preventing color drift; preventing curl.
- Others: Form printing, humidification for cardboard production.
- Preventing dust and debris adhesion in the body and bumper coating, inspection processes; dust suppression in storage rooms; static charge prevention in-vehicle electrical components production and circuit board mounting process; heatstroke countermeasures; shortening cycle times.
- Reducing work efficiency declines caused by static electric shock; preventing fires, scattering of debris and body hair; preventing debris adhesion; preventing toppling of stacked items caused by static electricity.
[Inks, Paints, and Coatings]
- Preventing debris adhesion in painting/coating process; cissing prevention; preventing fires during paint/coating preparation processes, in areas around reaction tanks and mixers, and during the filling processes with substances such as pigments and coatings.
- Assist with maintaining an optimal humidity level in plant factories, greenhouses, and storage warehouses; humidification for mushroom plantations; disinfection.
- Assists with humidification and dust suppression for machine parts production, textile industry, etc.
If you have a project / a need for humidification, contact us for an analysis of your factory and a customized quote! Our regional sales engineers will be able to provide a solution to your request.