April 13, 2023
Mushroom cultivation and humidity control
Mushroom cultivation is an increasingly growing trend among farmers due to their quick return on investment and ability to grow in small spaces all year round. However, like any crop, mushrooms prefer a certain environment to thrive. Humidification plays an important role in this…
Issues in mushroom cultivation without humidity control:
- Both low and high humidity can cause detrimental effects on the growth of the mushrooms
- Mushrooms consist for 90% of water. If the air is too dry, they will lose too much water and weight
- Too high humidity can cause browning or yellowing of the caps
- A lack of humidity can cause the mushrooms to stall, form cracks and discolour
Solution: Air cooling systems for humidity and temperature control
Mushrooms are highly sensitive to changes in their environment, and maintaining a consistent level of humidity is critical for their development. Humidity is important because it affects the ability of mushrooms to absorb water through their cell walls. If the humidity is too low, the mushrooms may dry out and fail to develop properly. On the other hand, if the humidity is too high, it can promote the growth of harmful bacteria and fungi that can compete with the mushrooms for resources and cause disease.
Different humidity levels
Different species of mushrooms have different humidity requirements, but in general, the ideal humidity level for mushroom cultivation is between 85% and 95%. To maintain this level of humidity, growers may use various methods such as misting, watering, or placing a humidifier in the growing area. It is important to monitor humidity levels regularly and make adjustments as needed to ensure optimal growing conditions.
There are many other factors that can affect mushroom cultivation, including temperature, lighting, substrate, and ventilation. It is important to have a good understanding of all of these factors in order to successfully grow mushrooms.
Solution: Humidification control
Control your humidity levels accurately with AKIMist®. An energy-efficient and compact solution. It is both available in a wall-hanging and a portable model and easy to install.
- Higher mushroom output
- Lower risk of bacteria and fungi
- Larger and more uniform mushrooms
- Energy efficient
Advantages of AKIMist® E:
- Humidifying with water without wetting equipment (no water drops)
- Prevents static electricity at production site
- Easy installation by adding on to existing HVAC
- Easily adaptable to changes in the floor layout
- Its double advantage of cooling while humidifying
- Reducing product loss and scrap
- Improving product quality
- Highly energy efficient
- Low maintenance