Humidification for Gravure printing
Issues in Gravure printing
- Static electricity
- Poor quality product
- Tail like structures on edges (imperfections)
Solution: Humidification for gravure printing
A low humidity level affects printing facilities by increasing defect rates and shutdowns of machinery. Static electricity increases, especially during winter time, creating poor quality of products, misalignment, paper jams, double feeding, dust adhesion, and even fire.
By adding spot humidification near the machinery, these problems can be prevented, static charge is controlled, and our customers can maintain a constant level of quality in their production year-round.
Our humidification system sprays a “Dry Fog” which will humidify near the machines without wetting them.
- Fire-prevention, safety operation
- Sufficient humidification with low energy consumption
- Reduced printing defects (prevent dust adhesion)
Advantages of humidification for Gravure printing
- Anti-static measures for target areas
- Cost saving (lower defect rate (decrease in operational shutdowns)
- Constant humidity level year-round (50-60%RH – depending on customers’ needs)
- Spot humidification at each ink unit and feeder and delivery part
- Other applications: humidification, indoor cooling