August 18, 2023
Mist effect for movie scene
Ikeuchi Japan was present on their first movie set recently in order to create a mysterious misty atmosphere with spray technology.
The movie being filmed was the Japanese action movie “Revolver Lily” which is based on a Japanese novel.
“Revolver Lily” is a Japanese action movie
which takes place in the year of 1924.
The main character “Yuri” and the orphan
“Shinta” are fighting their way through the
Japanese army to unlock a secret treasure.
The director is Isao Yukisada. He is known
for the movies “Go” (2001), “Parêdo” (2009)
and Crying Out Love in the center of the world
A mist combo
Ikeuchi Japan made a combination of two different kinds of mist; still and moving. In order to achieve this, two different kinds of spray nozzles were used in a mix of different droplet sizes and number of droplets.
By combining these two they were able to create a dynamic and mysterious scene with a natural looking mist. The mist effect was both used indoor and outdoor. By generating fog from the ground to the ceiling, and filling the space with fog using a hand-held spray device, Ikeuchi Japan could achieve a stage effect that matches the movie concept.
The KB nozzle
- It is possible to create an extremely fine and mysterious mist with the use of our KB nozzles
- This is an ultra-small capacity spray nozzle with the finest atomization among hydraulic nozzles
- It sprays in a hollow cone spraying pattern
- Economic alternative to pneumatic nozzles
- The whirl chamber is formed by a ceramic orifice and closer, which provides excellent wear resistance
- The great advantages of nozzles made of advanced ceramic are their high resistance to corrosion, to certain chemical, to high temperature, to abrasion, and its enhanced toughness.
- Find it here
The movie was released in cinemas on the 11th of August. You can watch the trailer below.