July 1, 2019
How to stay competitive in the steelmaking industry in Europe?
How can the EU steelmakers face the rudeness of the market with challenges from both sides of the continent?
Not long ago, the steelmarker ArcelorMittal raised the question to the European Commission: how to face the crisis?
Between higher prices of raw material, increase in steel imports flooding the EU continent, increase prices for carbon credits, lower demand from auto industry (which is also facing its own shutdowns), and the U.S. tariffs deflecting the shipments to Europe, the EU steel market is facing a though period nowadays.
Discussion about production cut offs, merger, separating capital goods division, saving costs, all of these topics have the same goal: to stay competitive and profitable.
What are the solutions?
As the European Commission is working on anti-dumping and anti-subsidy measures to protect the EU industry from trade diversion, steelmaking industries themselves are looking for solution to manage their cost and save energy.
Nozzles and water consumption are a necessity to produce steel as from the raw material process to the surface finish, thousands of nozzles are used to spray industrial water to cool down, for descaling, cleaning, pickling, etc.
That is why as a nozzle manufacturer, we have been involved in the steelmaking industry since the 1980’s to help our customers with innovative solution. As the demand for steel is getting more specific like high tensile strength steel, our R&D department develop more and more new technologies to stay up-to-date.
So how can we help you to stay competitive?
We have a wide range of products for each step of the process from which you can benefit to save your costs and reduce your maintenance time.
Our nozzles can help you:
- Consume less air while maintaining a strong performance and increasing your steel quality (for pneumatic and air nozzles);
- Consuming less water than with conventional nozzles but with a strong spray impact thanks to patented design (e.g. for descaling nozzles);
- Reduce your maintenance downtime and cost with longer lifetime nozzles (for descaling) and self-cleaning header;
- Increase your productivity with operational and maintenance flexibility;
- Control the quality of steel thanks to uniform spraying of our nozzles (guarantee of spray angle and spray capacity on our hydraulic nozzles).